Thursday, May 20, 2010

1st Recycled Project!!!






Ive been reading a lot of blogs lately on others who have turned trash into treasure. SO I decided to try for myself.
So I headed down to my local good will store and picked up a set of 4 wooden wall plaques. They had wooden palm trees on them doesn't really go with my craft room or anything else in my house.

I painted around the sides a gray color. The unfinished wood just didn't work for me.
Then I used mod podge and covered over the top of the pieces as well as i could and then i covered each piece with a different sheet of coordinating paper.
The back side is all ready to hang on the wall. These were originally from the dollar general for $2 each! I only paid $0.79!!

And my finished pieces!! Now I just need to finish cleaning and organizing my craft room and decide which wall I want to hang these on!!! Such an easy project to do and it only cost $5!!! So much cheaper than going out and buying something brand new!! I think I will see what other treasures i can find this weekend!!!

Thanks to Mod Podge Rocks for all of the awesome ideas!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Are those decals or did you use your cricut, or are they stamps? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete